Go Kids Go! was set up in 2012 by Weston-super-Mare Lions Club and the Weston Mercury. Its mission is to provide financial support to those organisations and individuals that promote activity and extra-curricular activity in the young, including sports, theatre, music and drama.
This year there is a funding pot of £12,000 and we are allowing applications of up to £2,000. All applications must be received early July (date to be confirmed) and the winners will be announced in the Mercury in July (date to be confirmed) before a cheque presentation at the Weston Lions’ Real Ale Festival 11:00 in the marquee on 30th July 2017.
Our mission is to make a positive change to the lives of children and young people in this area. We need to ensure that all the projects we fund help us to achieve this.
The sponsors of this year’s Go Kids Go! are as follows:
- Lions club of Weston-super-Mare Weston,
- Worle & Somerset Mercury The Grand Pier
- The Howards Group
- Quadron Services
- Weston College
- The Mead Group
- Alliance Homes
- McDonald’s Restaurants
- Crosville Motor Services
We are awaiting responses from a number of others which means the total funding available could increase before the festival at the end of July.
We give grants under the following terms and conditions:
Your organisation and project must be based within postcodes BS22, BS23, BS24 or BS25 and you need to be a registered club, charity or other not-for-profit organisation set up to encourage sport or other physical, creative or community activity.
The deadline for all 2017 applications is early July (date to be confirmed).
Our focus is firmly on children and young people. We will examine grant applications from organisations that encourage young people to get involved in sporting, theatrical and other activities, where additional funds will improve the facilities for those taking part.
The grant could be, for example:
- New training equipment.
- Kit, shirts, balls, bats etc.
- Playground equipment.
- New musical or theatre equipment for drama/music groups
We will not consider grants for:
- Relief of statutory responsibility.
- Applications from local government (except school associated) or NHS bodies.
- The promotion of religion.
- Medical treatment or research.
- Bursaries, sponsored places, fees or equivalent.
- General appeals or endowment funds.
- Deficit funding or repayment of loans.
Who can apply?
- Go Kids Go! funds individuals, clubs and not-for-profit organisations which work with children and young people of 18 years and under.
How much can be applied for?
Grant applications can be for any amount up to £2,000.
We would favour projects where a relatively small grant can make a largest difference to the greatest number of children and young people.
- Go Kids Go! will only consider funding costs associated directly with a project, we cannot fund organisational overheads and running costs where these are not integral to the project you are applying for.
- Go Kids Go! will consider part funding of a project.
When to apply:
- Applications must be received by early July (Date to be confirmed).
- Applications received after this closing date will not be considered.
Making your application:
- Go Kids Go! grant application forms can be downloaded via www.wsmlions.org.uk or www.westonmercury.co.uk or collected from the Mercury office at 32 Waterloo Street.
- If some questions do not apply put N/A (not applicable) but do not leave any section blank.
- You are invited to submit additional information with your application form, if you think it will be helpful.
- The adjudicators’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into about their decision.
- Please note that previous Go Kids Go! applicants remain eligible to enter this year.
Step 1 – Before you apply
Before you start this application, please read through the eligibility rules and guidelines above.
Our application process is very competitive. To give yourself the best possible chance, please read our guidance carefully and provide us with as much information as possible.
If you have any questions, in the first instance contact Malcolm Timmis, via email email@example.com or on 01934 632450, or contact the Mercury newsdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01934 422500.
Step 2 – Complete your application form
Please download and complete the application form below.
Attach whatever extra information you feel you need.
Step 3 – Sending us your application
When you have completed the form, please send or deliver it to:
Go Kids Go!,
Worle & Somerset Mercury,
32 Waterloo Street,
Or by email it to email@example.com
Presentation of awards will be take place at 11am on Sunday July 26, in the Lions Beer Festival Marquee, Beach Lawns, Weston-super-Mare.
We contact applicants by e-mail so please use an address which is checked regularly!
We appreciate we have asked for a lot of information, but we owe it our benefactors and the people of Weston-super- Mare, who have entrusted us to spend their contributions wisely, to do all in our power to ensure we are acting properly. We are quite sure you would not have it any different.
We thank you for your interest in Go Kids Go! and wish you the best of luck with your application.